Central Power Research Institute (CPRI)
For further details, please surf the site at : https://cpri.res.in
Activities of CPRI
- Applied Research in electrical power engineering
- Testing & Certification of Power equipment
- Consultancy and Field testing services to Power Utilities and Industry
- Third Party Inspection and Vendor Analysis
- Customized Training Programs for Utilities & Industries
- CPRI is accredited by NABCB to carry out Product Certification in accordance with ISO/IEC 17065. NABCB, QCI, INDIA is a member of International Accreditation Forum (IAF), International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) & Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation (APAC) as well as signatory to its MRAs for Product Certification
- ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) – Traceable to international bodies like International Laboratory Accreditation Co-operation (ILAC) and Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Co-operation (APLAC)
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
- Intertek – ASTA, UK
- ISO 9001Certification for Research and Consultancy activities
- Member of the Short Circuit Testing Liaison (STL)
- Corporate member on DLMS UA (Device Language Message Specification User Association) and UCA IUG (Utility Communication Architecture International User Group)
- Approved by INMETRO Brazil as a third party testing laboratory for Brazil Energy Labeling Program on transformers
- Approved by Electricity Water Authority (EWA), Kingdom of Bahrain – Electricity Distribution Directorate (EDD) as an Independent Testing and Certification Body.
- Association with Underwriter’s Laboratories (UL) for testing of LV equipment
- Association with TUV Rheinland India Pvt. Ltd. for testing and certification
- In-House R&D (IHRD)
- Research Schemes on Power (RSoP)
- Research Project under National Perspective Plan (NPP)
- CPRI also coordinates and monitors Uchchatar Avishkar Yojana (UAY) and Impacting Research Innovation and Technology (IMPRINT) under MHRD, where MoP is a stakeholder.
- High Power Short Circuit testing of Transformers/Switchgears
- Transmission line Tower & accessories, Vibration studies
- Power Cables, Capacitors
- Material characterization including CRGO, Transformer oil
- Insulators & Lightning Arresters
- Relays, Energy meters, Smart Meters, Phasor Measurement Unit
- Refrigerators and Air Conditioners
- LED Lamps, Solar PV Lanterns and Home Lighting Systems, Solar PV Modules, Grid Tied SPV Inverters, Solar Pumps, Induction Motors
- Security Conformance Test facilities for RTUs
- Diagnostic & Condition Monitoring of HV substation and Power plant electrical equipment, Site testing of Transformer oil
- Power System Studies, Real Time Simulation of Power System Controls, Protection Audit - Generating stations and substations, Grid integration of Renewables – Wind and Solar, Power Quality Studies -Harmonic Filter design, Protection coordination studies/Equipment setting calculations
- RLA and R&M of Thermal & Hydro Power Plants, Failure analysis of industrial and plant components, Performance assessment of coal mills and cooling towers, In-situ oxide scale measurement in Super Heater and Re-heater tubes, Non-destructive evaluation of Thermal Power Station plant equipment, Corrosion mapping of water wall tubes of Boilers
- Energy Efficiency Services like Energy Audit, Fuel Audit of Thermal Power Stations, training services in Plant Optimization for Thermal Power Stations
- Power System Automation/Distribution Automation, Smart Grid
- Pollution Mapping
- The Institute offers Third Party Inspection Services and Vendor Assessment for Utilities. CPRI is also offering its services for programmes initiated by Government of India.
CPRI has been in the forefront for disseminating the knowledge assimilated by way of in-house Research through organizing Technical Programmes. The training modules are designed to comprehensively address the specific needs of the Power Sector Utilities.
Services for Overseas Customers
CPRI has been addressing the electrical equipment testing requirements of Overseas countries like UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Lebanon, Kenya, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Korea, Japan, UK, USA, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Israel etc.
Besides the Certification, Consultancy and Training services are also utilized by the Utilities and Industries of overseas countries.
For further details, please surf the website of CPRI at : https://cpri.res.in