- Matters relating to Energy Conservation Policy & Planning.
- Matters relating to implementation of Energy Conservation (EC) Act, 2001.
- Administrative matters of Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE).
- Matters relating to appointment of Director General, Secretary and other officials of the BEE as per the EC Act, 2001.
- Matters relating to framing of rules & regulations under the EC Act, 2001.
- Matters relating to Energy Audit.
- International co-operation in the field of Energy Conservation Management.
- Matters relating to training and deputation in the field of Energy Conservation.
- Publicity & awareness campaign of Energy Conservation.
- Energy Conservation in power, agriculture, transport, industrial, domestic and commercial sectors.
- Matters relating to Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources including CASE meetings.
- Standardisation and BIS coordination.
- Matters relating to distribution of National Energy Conservation Awards and celebration of National Energy Conservation Day.
- Miscellaneous matters relating to Energy Conservation.
- All matters relating to THDC, NEEPCO and North-East states.
- All administrative matters of NEEPCO & THDCIL including appointments of Board level Director, their services matters, court cases, Parliament matters, Audit paras and miscellaneous references relating to NEEPCO & THDCIL.
- Matters relating to existing, ongoing and new projects of NEEPCO & THDCIL.
- Monitoring of projects and Government level intervention to remove bottlenecks of projects implemented by NEEPCO and THDCIL.
- Financial matters of NEEPCO & THDCIL including release of budgetary support, processing of cost estimate and revised cost estimate of projects for investment approval of PIB/CCEA.
- Renovation and updating Hydel projects under NEEPCO & THDCIL.
- Miscellaneous matters of Hydro Electric projects of North East States.
THDC India Ltd.
- THDC India Limited is a joint venture of the Govt. of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh. The Company was incorporated in July, 1988 as a Private Limited Company with name of Tehri Hydro Development Corporation Limited under the Companies Act, 1956. The main objectives of the Corporation were to develop, operate and maintain the Tehri Hydro Power Complex and other Hydro Projects and to provide quality, affordable and sustainable power with commitment to environment, ecology and social values.
- After fulfilling requirements stipulated as per Companies Act, 1956, the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company has been modified in Nov-10 to reflect the current business reality of projects outside Bhagirathi valley. The Corporation has been converted from Private to Public Limited Company and object clause has been amended to incorporate development of Conventional/ Non-conventional/ Renewable sources of Energy and River Valley Projects. Pursuant to approval of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, New Delhi, name of the Corporation has been changed from "Tehri Hydro Development Corporation Limited" to "THDC India Limited" w.e.f. 6th Nov-09.
- Govt. of India has conferred 'Mini Ratna - Category- I' status to the Corporation in Oct-09 thereby making it eligible for enhanced delegation of powers in the policy decisions regarding development and growth of the organization.
- THDC India Ltd has an authorized capital of Rs. 4000 Cr and paid up Capital of the Company is Rs. 3297.58 Crores as on 30th Sep '09. During the financial year 2008-09, total income of the company was Rs. 1069.43 Cr. THDC earned a net profit of Rs.325.21 Cr and paid a dividend of Rs. 98.0 Cr for the year 2008-09.
- THDC is implementing Tehri Hydro Power Complex (2400 MW) on the river Bhagirathi comprising of Tehri Dam & Hydro Power Plant (1000 MW), Koteshwar HEP (400 MW) & Tehri PSP (1000 MW) out of which Tehri HPP is under operation. The other project under construction is Vishnugad Pipalkoti HEP (444 MW) on the river Alaknanda.
- DPR preparation for Malari Jhelum (114 MW) and Jhelum Tamak (126 MW) on the river Dhauliganga is underway. Karmoli HEP (140 MW), Jadhganga HEP (50 MW) on river Jadhganga and Bokang Bailing HEP (330 MW) on river Dhauliganga (Kali) are under Survey and Investigation Stage.
- Apart from the aforesaid projects in Uttarakhand, DPR updation & implementation of Dhukwa HEP (24 MW) on river Betwa in Uttar Pradesh has also been entrusted to THDC by Govt. of UP. Updated DPR of Dhukwa HEP has been submitted to GoUP.
- THDC has entered into an MOU with Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd. (NPCIL) to synergize strengths and competencies for development of Hydro Power Projects including Pumped Storage Schemes in the country. Govt. of Maharashtra has allotted two (02) PSPs namely Malshej Ghat (600 MW) on river Kalu & Humbarli (400 MW) on Vazarde Nalah (a tributary of Koyna river) to the Joint Venture of THDC and NPCIL for updation of DPR.
- Under India-Bhutan Co-operation in hydro Sector development, MOP has allotted two Projects namely Sankosh Multipurpose Project (4060 MW) on river Sankosh and Bunakha HEP (180 MW) on river Wangchu in Bhutan for updation of DPR. The updated DPR of Sankosh MPP has already been submitted to MoP.
- The North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO), a Schedule "A" Government of India Enterprise was incorporated on 2nd April,1976 under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 as a wholly owned Government of India Enterprise under the Ministry of Power. Its mission is to plan, promote, investigate, survey, design, construct, generate, operate and maintain Hydro and Thermal / Gas Power Stations for development of Power in North Eastern Region. NEEPCO's Authorised Share Capital is Rs. 5000 Crs. and its net worth as on 31st March'09 is Rs. 4182.17 Crs.
- The North Eastern Region of the country is bestowed with a huge hydro power potential in the country which is estimated at about 58971 MW constituting about 40% of the country's total hydro potential. In addition to hydro potential, the Region has abundant natural gas resources. There is ample scope of development of power sector in this under developed region which can transform the economic growth of the country in general and the Region in particular.
- The main objectives of the North Eastern Electric Power Corporation is to add to the power generating capacity in the North Eastern Region by installing hydro & thermal plants & to ensure optimum utilization of commissioned projects. NEEPCO is continuing with sustained efforts to undertake long term feasibility studies for optimum development of hydro power resources of river basins & development of thermal power resources in North Eastern Region.
- NEEPCO since 1976 has successfully commissioned 7 Power projects in the North Easter Region with a total installed capacity of 1130 MW till date, out of which 755 MW in Hydro Sector and 375 MW in the Thermal Sector with hydro thermal ratio of 67 : 33 against all India ratio of 23 : 77. As on date, NEEPCO is generating 50% of the total installed capacity of North Eastern Region.
- The details of various projects of NEEPCO are available in our web site at : http://neepco.co.in
- The above site is updated with latest information at the end of every month.
- Administration of SJVNL. Appointment of the Board of Directors, Court Cases relating to appointment & various matters at Board level, Parliament matters, Audit paras and miscellaneous references pertaining to SJVNL.
- All matters relating to existing, ongoing and new projects of SJVNL
- Construction monitoring of ongoing projects of SJVNL. Release of budgetary support and processing of cost estimates of projects for investment approval of PIB/CCEA. Monitoring of progress of projects and Government level intervention to remove bottlenecks.
- Renovation and uprating of Hydel projects under SJVNL.
- 50,000 MW Hydro initiatives.
- Hydro Policy. All matters relating to framing/updating of Hydro policy, preparation of notes for Cabinet on hydro policy.
- Miscellaneous matters of Hydro-Electric projects of State Sector excluding J&K and North-East.
- Administration of NHPC. Appointments to the Board of Director, Court cases relating to appointments, service matters at Board level as well as below board level, parliamentary matters audit paras and any miscellaneous reference pertaining to NHPC.
- All matters relating to existing, ongoing and new projects of NHPC.
- Construction monitoring to ongoing NHPC projects. Release of budgetary support to NHPC and processing to cost estimates of projects for investment approval of PIB/ CCEA. Monitoring of progress of projects and Govt. level intervention to remove bottlenecks.
- Renovation and uprating of NHPC projects.
- All matters as stated above in respect of NHDC, a joint venture organization between the Government of Madhya Pradesh and NHPC.
- All matters in respect of Jammu & Kashmir; co-ordination, forwarding of returns to Prime inister's Office, Ministry of Home Affairs and other Departments, concerning power issues in Jammu & Kashmir.
Bakra Beas Management Board (BBMB)
- All work relating to Bhakra Beas Management Board.
- President address to Parliament/PMs Independence Day Speech/ Economic Editors Conference.
- National Days/ Ceremonials/ Awards/ Medals.
- State Profile (except J&K and NE States).
- Advertisement/ Publicity/ Films/ Interview/ Article/ PIB matters/Media Campaigns.
- Miscellaneous references received from various Ministries/ Deptts.
- Conferences/Seminars/Exhibition/Fairs of general nature.
- Miscellaneous VIP references/references from prominent persons.
- Miscellaneous references from the PMO/Cabinet Secretariat.
- Various miscellaneous returns to different Ministries/Departments/ Cabinet Secretariat/PMO/Planning Commission / UPSC.
- Zonal council matters.
- Matters relating to Inter-State council.
- Transaction of Business Rules & Allocation of Business Rules.
- Quarterly progress report of power projects in J&K.
- Annual Report of Ministry of Power.
- Chief Minister's/ Power Minister's conference.
- Miscellaneous COS matters and its meetings.
- Miscellaneous issues of Social Welfare received from the M/o Social Justice & Empowerment.
- Reference Annual - India.
- Administrative Year Book.
- Bi-monthly Co-ordination meetings with heads of all organisations/PSUs.
- Monthly summary of the Cabinet.
- Work relating to National Common Minimum Programme/Thrust Area/Priority items.
- Work relating to Liaison of Litigation matters.
- Quarterly meetings of Officers of DS level and above in the Ministry.
- Various miscellaneous works assigned from time to time.
- Matters relating to PowerGrid Corporation of India Limited and Central Transmission Utility.
- All matters relating to National PowerGrid.
- Matters relating to Central Transmission Project.
- All matters relating to Transmission projects implemented by the PGCIL for exchange of power with neighboring countries.
- All matters relating to States/ UT Transmission Project Lines.
- Matters relating to procurement of software/Training programmes for Power System Wing of Central Electricity Authority.
- REB's/ RLD's.
- Levy of royalty charges by P&T Department, PLCC/ PTCC matters.
- Transmission Projects in and Exchange of Power with the neighboring countries.
- Implementation of Schemes for improvement of sub-transmission & distribution in the NER and Sikkim - funding from the non-lapsable Central pool of resources.
- Implementation of a Special Economic package for Bihar after is bifurcation.
- Construction/commissioning of Srinagar Leh Kargil line by Power Grid in Special Budgetary Plan.
Work allocated in respect of Hydel Division :
- Work relating to power projects in neighboring countries i.e. Bhutan, Myanmar etc.
- External assistance.
Investment Promotion Cell
- Private power policy issues.
- Matters relating to Private Sector Power projects.
- Computerisation of monitoring statements regarding status report of Private projects and their regular updating.
- Co-ordination with CEA regarding TEC.
- Co-ordination regarding FIPB/Statements/Status reports.
- Matters relating to IFI's and CRG (Organising meetings etc.)
- Mega Power Projects Policy.
- All matters relating to captive power projects.
- All ABL matters.
- Gas linkage committee proposals.
- Issue of the brochures on private power sector brought out by IP cell.
- Coal linkages/coal supply/transportation agreements.
- Proposals of allocation of captive coal mining blocks to IPPs and CPPs.
- Interaction with financial institutions to facilitate financial closures.
- Issues related to fuel pricing (gas & naptha).
- Issues related to guarantee fees to Government of India (BSES/TATA).
- Matters relating to Customs and Central Excise duty relating to IPPs.
- Private/public partnership - Boot/Blot/BOO policy.
- Constitution of Task Force to formulate long term policy for utilization of natural gas from various sources.
Training & Research
- All administrative and financial matters relating to Central Power Research Institute & National Power Training Institute.
- All policy matters relating to training & research in the power sector.
- Matters relating to Power System Training Institute, Hot Line Training Centre.
- HRD scheme of Central Electricity Authority.
- All issues relating to Research Scheme on Power (RSoP) through Central Power Research Institute (CPRI) after March, 1998.
- Nomination of Officers to all domestic and foreign training programmes except (I) foreign training linked to projects being dealt with by the wings concerned; (II) the ISTM training courses being dealt with by Adm.II Section; and foreign training programmes linked to bilateral agreements being dealt by International Cooperation Division.
Policy & Planning
- Finanlisation of Annual Plan for Ministry of Power.
- Finalisation of Five Year Plan for Ministry of Power.
- Parliament Questions/ Assurances relating to P&P Section.
- Capacity Addition Programme.
- References received from Budget, Finance and Co-ordination Section.
- Reviewing status of power projects/ Monitoring and timely implementation of Central Sector Power projects.
- Mid-term appraisal if Five Year Plan.
- World Energy Council (WEC) matters - Meetings and programmes of WEC-IMC
- Fuel policy
- Matters relating to International Energy Agency (IEA).
- Reviewing schemes under Zero Bases Budgeting Methodology.
- Material for Quarterly Performance Review (QPR) meetings in Planning Commission on the physical and financial progress or major ongoing projects costing Rs. 100 crore and above.
- Review meetings in Cabinet Secretariat in respect of projects under construction costing Rs. 20 crores and above - furnishing of data.
- Coordination Committee for Energy under the chairmanship of Secretary(Power) to deliberate on various issues like generation programmes, evacuation schemes and grid management of matters - organisation of meetings and follow-up.
- Sustainable Development of Energy.
- Other Miscellaneous works assigned from time to time.
- VIP references concerning P&P Section.
- Flash Report/Exception Report received from Ministry of Statistic & Programme Implementaiton.
- Matters relating to international cooperation with various countries and multilateral agencies in the power sector in the field of hydro, thermal, transmission, energy conservation (except matters relating to renewable energy which are within the purview of Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources).
- Tie-up of external assistance/ multilateral funds for various power projects in the country for which Ministry of Power is the Nodal Ministry.
- Building up of shelf of projects which merit external assistance or multilateral funding. Processing of new project proposals of power sector undertakings/state public utilities, on getting recommendations from the concerned authorities, for posing to Ministry of Finance for seeking external financial assistance.
- Arrangements for meetings, tours issue of agenda papers, minutes etc. of various 'Working Groups' in power sector with various countries in power sector for which Ministry of Power is the nodal Ministry.
- Examination of the various aide-memoirs/ documents, sent by ADB/ World Bank, in regard to Power Sector.
- Preparation of various presentations and other material for sending to other Ministries/Embassies regarding inter-ministerial meetings, meetings of Joint Working Group and meetings of Joint Commission.
- Deputation/Delegation abroad (except matters relating to Corporation/tender etc. being dealt by various Desks/Setions). Obtaining the approval of Prime Ministers and Screening Committee of Secretaries wherever needed for deputation abroad of Ministers and officers of above the level of Additional Secretary.
- Participation in international bodies like SAARC, SASEC, WIMSTEC and USAID, Carbon Sequestration Leadership Forum (CSLF), Indo-US bilateral consultation group.
- Updating the country briefs and notes for meetings of foreign dignitaries with Secretary/Minister.
LIST OF WORK DEALT BY PFC DESK
1. All administrative, financial and policy matters in respect of Power Finance Corporation (PFC) and its subsidiaries.
2. Examination and facilitation of signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between MoP and PFC and also monitoring the achievement thereof.
3. Appointment/ extension of period/ additional charge of CMD, full time Directors and Independent Directors on the Board of PFC Ltd.
4. Pay Fixation and Confirmation of CMD/ Board Level Executives of PFC Ltd.
5. ACC Vacancy Monitoring System(AVMS) and updating incumbency position.
6. Acquisition/Merger/amalgamation of subsidiaries of PFC Ltd.
7. Proposal seeking approval of Transfer of SPVs incorporated for Independent Transmission Projects-aPs and strike off the name of SPV from RoC.
8. Parliament Questions & Assurance, Audit Matters , RTI, Grievances, PMO/VIP of PFC's administrative matters.
9. Laying of MoU, Annual Report alongwith Statement of Review of the working of PFC in Parliament.
10. Organizing Quarterly Performance Review Meeting and other important meetings from time to time.
11. Matter relating to creation of posts (E-6 level above), Service Rules/ Amendment in AoA/ MoA/ disinvestment/Shares/IPO etc. of PFC.
12. Sanctioning Interest payment for Gol fully serviced bonds raised by PFC.
13. Dealing foreign deputation of Board Level Executives in PFC Ltd
14. Any other administrative matters as assigned from time to time.
Reforms & Restructuring
- Acts and Legislation :
- - Enactment of the Electricity Act, 2003. - Implementation of the provisions of the Act - subordinate legislation, other notifications, clarifications etc. - Examination of State specific Ordinances/Bills on electricity sector.
- Policies under the Act - Task Force on Power Sector Investments and Reforms : - National Electricity Policy and tariff policy.
- Matters relating to Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC)/State Electricity Regulatory Commissions (SECRCs).
- Matters relating to Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (established under the provisions of the Electricity Act, 2003).
- Reforms :
- - Monitoring of reforms and restructuring of power sectors of all States/UTs. - Matters relating to SEBs/UTs etc..
- Re-organisation of States :
- - Issues related to implementation of Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh re-organisation Act, 2000. - Division of assets and liabilities between the successor Electricity Boards of the re-organised stated.
- Vigilance & Security
- Matters relating to vigilance and security in respect of the Ministry of Power and CPU's and Autonomous Bodies under the administrative control of Ministry of Power.
- Maintenance of the Confidential Reports.
Assistant Director (OL)
- Official Language and its Policy of its implementation.
- All matters relating to Rural Electrification Programme in the country.
- All matters relating to Rural Electrification Corporation.
- Release of funds for RE programme.
- Parliament Question on the above.
- Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana - DDUGJY
- Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana – Saubhagya
- Operation Monitoring of regional Power Grids
- Review of power supply in the country.
- Formulation/Guidelines for allocation of power from Central sector power Stations to States/UTs.
- Disaster/Crisis Management Plan for natural calamities like earth quake, cyclone, flood etc.
- Annual electricity generation targets for the power utilities in the country.
- Meritorious productivity and Incentive Awards to TPSs.
- Power Supply to Delhi including VVIP and strategic areas.
- Matters relating to Inter-Ministerial Group meeting in respect of growth centers,crisis and disaster management.
- Allocation of power from unallocated quota (15%) of Central sector generating stations to the States/UTs from time to time.
- Contingency plan for maintenance of power supply during strike by employees of SEBs, Coal mines etc.
- Exchange of power with neighboring countries like Nepal, Bhutan, Pakistan etc.
- Administration work related to POSOCO and appointment of the Board of Directors in POSOCO.
- Matters relating to examination of proposals, release of sanction orders under APDRP and correspondence with the State Government / SEBs / Utilities and the concerned Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India.
- Monitoring of Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Programme.
- Signing and monitoring of Memorandum of Agreement/ Memorandum of Understanding with State Governments/SEBs/ Utilities.
- Distribution Reforms Upgrades and Management (DRUM) project assisted by United States Agency for International Development.
- Matters relating to Advisors-cum-Consultants appointed for APDRP.
- Matters relating to capacity building, training and deputations.
- Rating of SEBs.
- Scrutinisation of incentive claim of the SEBs.
- Best practices of SEBs/Utilities.
- Energy auditing and energy accounting.
- Organisation of meetings, conferences, presentations and recording of minutes.
- Parliamentary matters relating to answering of Questions, Assurances, preparation of supplementaries and briefs.
- Matters relating to Standing Committee and Consultative Committees of Parliament.
- Preparation of notes and briefs for Cabinet meetings.
- Monitoring the progress of the various Committees and Task Forces set up under APDRP and examination of the Reports submitted for acceptance by the Ministry of Power.
Thermal - I
- Matters pertaining to selection and appointment of CMD, Full-time Directors and part-time Directors and Govt. Nominee Directors on the Board of NTPC Limited.
- ACC vacancy monitoring and incumbency position.
- Matters related to supply of gas, pricing of gas, transportation of gas, Gas Linkage Committee.
- Introduction of super-critical technology of 800 MW.
- High Power Monitoring Committee on Commonwealth Games' Projects.
- BTPS issues.
- RTI mattes relating to dealing subjects.
- Matters relating COPU, Standing Committee on Energy, Parliamentary Consultative Committee.
- Examination and facilitation of signing of MoU between MOP and NTPC.
- Quarterly Performance Review of NTPC.
- Audit matters of NTPC. Court Case matters.
- PMO/VIP references relating to above subjects.
- Parliament Questions/Assurances on the above subjects.
- Any other matters as assigned from time to time.
Thermal - II
- Processing proposals for setting up of new power projects by NTPC Ltd.
- Mega status certificates.
- Allocation of Power.
- Concessional Custom Duty Exemption certificates etc.
- References on aforesaid matters including issues of project affected persons.
- Matters related to allocation of coal blocks, Coal linkage of NTPC, DVC and State sector power projects.
- Matters relating to Coal Mining & FSA issues.
- Matters related to Annual Reports and laying of Annual Report in Parliament.
- Foreign deputation of Board level Officers of NTPC Limited.
- Matters related to Joint Venture of NTPC.
- Matters related to Petition Committee and Committee in Subordinate Legislation.
- RTI mattes relating to dealing subjects.
- Matters relating to Coordination & other Section in MOP.
- VIP/PMO references relating to above subjects.
- Parliament Questions on aforesaid subject.
- Any other matters as assigned from time to time.
Thermal - III
- Matters relating to State Thermal Projects.
- Monitoring of capacity addition programme for State Thermal power projects.
- Co-ordination within Thermal Wing.
- Renovation & Modernisation of Thermal power plants.
- Accelerated Power Development Programme.
- Matters relating to World Energy Council.
- Thermal - IV/ DVC
- Matters relating to selection and appointment of Chairman, DVC; Secretary, DVC; Financial Adviser, DVC and part time members of DVC Board.
- Matters relating to preparation of Cabinet Note on Amendment of DVC Act, 1948.
- Submission of Annual and Audit Report/annual Budget Report of DVC to bother the House of Parliament.
- Matters relating to grant of Mega Project status to the projects being set up by DVC.
- Sanction/Issue of borrowing approvals for the DVC Projects.
- Sanction/issue of Essentiality Certificates for import of equipments/goods for DVC Projects.
- Organise Quarterly Performance Review meetings of DVC.
- Organise meetings to sort out urgent/important problems/issues ofDVC.
- Examination and facilitation of Signing of MoU between MOP with DVC.
- Matters relating to COPU, Standing Committee on Energy, Parliamentary Consultative Committee.
- Dealing with PMO references/VIP references on the subjects.
- Dealing with Parliament Questions/ Assurances on the subjects.
- Audit matters/Court Cases relating to DVC.
- RTI matters relating to dealing subjects.
- Furnishing of quarterly statement of VIP references.
- Any other matters as assigned from time to time.
- Appointment of Chairperson and Members in the Central Electricity Authority.
- Cadre control and management of Central Power Engineering (Group A) Services (CPES) including appointment of Director Recruits in the entry level of the Service, their promotion and fixing inter- se seniority.
- Recruitment rules pertaining to CPES.
- Clarifications to CEA relating to service matters of CPES.
- Creation and abolition and continuance of Group A&B posts in CEA.
- Framing/amendment/relaxation of Recruitment Rules of other posts in the CEA, other than CPES.
- Cadre review/SIU study pertaining to CEA.
- Deputation of CPES Officers to various PSUs for the purpose of gaining field experience.
- All matters relating to promotion and seniority.
- Processing of DPC cases relating to promotion to all grades of CPES and also promotion to the lowest rung of the CPES from other services.
- Confirmation/probation clearance in respect of officers of CPES.
- Resignation and Voluntary retirement cases of CPES officers.
- Clarification sought by the CEA on various issues relating to pay fixation allowances, leave, joining time, LTC, pension, advances etc.
- Work relating to absorption of CEA Officers to other organisation and their pension matters.
- Request for transfers/appointment/reinstatement in service etc.
- Forwarding of applications of CEA officers for deputation to other organisations.
- Commercial employment of CPES officers after retirement.
- Other miscellaneous matters relating to Budget/Financial sanctions, acceptance of Service Bonds etc.
- Court/CAT cases pertaining to the above items of work.
- Disciplinary matters relating to the officials of Ministry of Power and CPES.
- Submission of incumbency position to the Secretary (Power), in the matter of appointments made with the approval of the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) in respect of all Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous and Statutory Bodies under the administrative control of the Ministry .
- Maintenance/updation of ACC Vacancy Maintenance System (AVMS) for information of Cabinet Secretary.
- Coordination of e-Governance projects implemented by Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) in respect of all PSUs under the Ministry of Power.
- Management of all matters concerning
- Senior level posts in the Ministry of Power under Central Staffing Scheme;
- Centralized grades of CSS i.e. Under Secretary, Deputy Secretary, Director in the Ministry of Power;
- Ministry of Power Cadre of CSS, CSSS and CSCS;
- Different grades belonging to Group D in the Ministry of Power
- Ex-cadre posts in the Ministry of Power; and
- Personal establishment of the minister(s) of Power.
- Framing and amendment of recruitment rules of Group C, Group D and isolated Group A and Group B posts in the Ministry of Power;
- Allocation of work in the Ministry of Power;
- Handling service matters of the employees of Ministry of Power. These include maintenance of their service and leave records; pay fixation probation clearance, confirmation etc.;
- Processing the cases maturing for grant of financial upgradation under the Assured Career Progression Scheme, for consideration of the Screening Committee;
- Implementation of the Optimisation Scheme in respect of the Ministry of Power.
- Implementation of the DoPT's orders regarding restructuring of the Central Secretariat Service in respect of the Ministry of Power
- Processing all pension related matters in respect of the Ministry of Power employees. These include -
- " Updation of service record and leave account; " Obtaining No Dues Certificate from the Directorate of Estates and from within the Ministry; " Assessment of pensionary benefits, completion of pension papers and referring the same to the PAO for scrutinizing and issuing necessary authorizations. This is followed by holding correspondence with the Pay & Accounts Office for in time finalization of the pension case so that necessary authorities could be issued by the date of retirement;
- Restoration of one-third portion of the pension commuted at the time of absorption in respect of PSU absorbees;
- Verification of qualifying service of the employees of Ministry of Power on completion of 25 years of service or 05 years to their retirement in terms of Rule 32 of CCS (Pension) Rules;
- Processing applications of the Ministry of Power employees for grant of all long and short term advances such as House Building advance, Car advance, Computer advance, Scooter advance, Bicycle advance, Festival advance etc.; also processing of requests for permission to second mortgage the property in HBA cases Welfare activities concerning the Ministry of Power;
- Court cases relating to service matters Ministry of Power Cadre employees and pensioners;
- Appointment of Central Observers and polling parties for General and other elections held from time to time;
- Processing the proposals for grant of honorarium in the Ministry of Power;
- Handling VIP references received in the context of service related grievances etc.
- Miscellaneous matters as may be assigned from time to time.
- General Administration matters of the Ministry of Power.
- All matters pertaining to the provision of CGHS facilities to the employees of the Ministry of Power.
- Matters pertaining to the Estate Office.
- Central Registry Unit.
- Departmental Record Room
- Central Registry (CR) Unit
- Receipt and issue of all dak.
- To monitor the implementation of reservation policies of Government of India in respect of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Physically Handicapped, Ex-Servicemen and Other Backward Classes, in the Ministry as well as the CPSUs/Organisations under the administrative control of the Ministry of Power.
- Consolidate and send periodical reports/returns on the subject to the Department of Personnel & Training, Department of Public Enterprises, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and National Commission for SC/ST etc.
- Conduct annual inspections of reservation rosters maintained by the Ministry (proper) and the CPSUs/Organisations under its administrative control.
- Address grievances of officials belonging to reserved categories.
- Collection of Notices of Parliament Questions from Parliament, distribution thereof, issue of lists of admitted Questions, supply of copies of answers of Parliament Questions to Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabaha Secretariats, PMO, PIB etc. Preparation of Pads of Starred questions for Ministers, Secretary and other Senior Officers, arrangement for the briefing meetings of the Ministers in connection with the Starred Questions, etc.
- Electronically transfer of Parliament Questions to Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha to put them on internet.
- Coordination of Government Legislative work relating to Ministry of Power.
- Arrangement for holding the meetings of Consultative Committee of Members of Parliament during each inter-Session and Intra-Session including one meeting outside Delhi once in a calander year. Issue of minutes and action taken notes of the meetings of the Consultative Committee.
- Arrangements relating to visits of the Parliamentary Committees to different parts of the country as well as meetings held in New Delhi, viz.,
- Department Related Standing Committee on Energy;
- Committee on Government's Assurances, Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha;
- Committee on Papers Laid on the Table of the House, Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha;
- Committee on Subordinate Legislation, Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha;
- Committee on Petitions, Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha;
- Committee on Welfare of SCs/STs, Lok Sabha;
- Joint Committee on Office of Profit, Lok Sabha;
- Committee on Estimates;
- Committee on Public Undertakings. Examination of Reports of these Committees and submission of Action Taken Reports on the recommendations/observations made therein. Misc. Work relating to visits to different parts of the country by Department Related Standing Committees attached to other Ministries.
- Work relating to matters rose under Rule 377 in the Lok Sabha and by way of Special Mentions in the Rajya Sabha.
- Misc. Parliamentary work.
- Pay bills of all officers and staff.
- Drawal and disbursement of Pay & Allowances.
- Calculation and deduction of Income Tax at source.
- Issue of TDS Certificates.
- Maintenance of Accounts of GPF and preparation of related Bills.
- Bills and maintenance of accounts of Long term advances.
- Travelling Allowance Bills and LTC Bills.
- Bills relating to contingencies.
- Bills for Medical Advance and re-imbursement.
- Maintenance of expenditure control registers for regulating and controlling of expenditure of the Ministry. Sending quarterly report to Ministry of finance.
- Reconciliation of the figures of expenditure with the P&AO.
- Budget estimates.
- Bills relating to loans/equity to PSUs and Grants-in-aids to autonomous bodies.
- Reconciliation with audit parties.
- Management of affairs of Library of the Ministry of Power.
- Implementation of Official Language Policy in the Ministry of Power.
- Budget matters of the Ministry of Power.
- Parliamentary Standing Committee on Energy.
- All administrative cases seeking advice/ concurrence of financial adviser.
- Creation/ upgradation/ continuance of plan and non-plan posts.
- All cases relating to deputation abroad including the cases requiring the approval of Screening Committee.
- Cases relating to release of funds for making payment of honorarium to the employees, TA/ DA for SIG members , making payment to the contractors who carried out renovation at the officers, release of advertisement in news papers, payment of printing charges etc.
- Furnishing of the information to Ministry of Finance in respect of creation of posts/ deputation abroad - bimonthly.
- Examination and compilation of suggestions received from all corners regarding modification of Direct and Indirect Taxes and forwarding to Deptt. of Revenue for consideration for inclusion in the budget of the coming financial year.
- All project appraisal cases including convening of meeting of NHPC, DVC, BTPS, THDC, NJPC, NEEPCO, REC, PFC.
- Cases of Union Territories regarding delegation of power/ plan and Non-plan schemes.
- All matters relating to Finance in the Ministry of Power and CPU's and Autonomous Bodies under the administrative control of Minister of Power.
- Release of loans and equities for projects or PSU's, release of grant-in-aid to different organisation for energy conservation schemes/ Autonomous bodies for their plan schemes.
- All project appraisal cases including convening of pre-PIB meetings.
- Issues relating to Financial matters of Corporations.
- Operation & Monitoring.
- Grievances of general public relating to Ministry of Power.
- Grievances of pensioners of the Ministry of Power and CPSU's and Autonomous Bodies under the Administrative Control of the Ministry of Power.
- All matters relating to public grievances including Nodal Cell for RTI matters.
- Computer Cell of the National Informatics Centre (NIC) extends ICT (Information & Communication Technology) services to the Ministry of Power in close coordination with IT cell of the Ministry. These services include provision of Network Backbone, efficient Network Services, Web Services, System Requirement Study, Design & Development of various Management Information Systems (MIS)/ Decision Support Systems (DSS) and related training for promoting e-Governance in the Ministry.
Information Technology Cell
- To ensure Information & Communication Technology (ICT) implementation in coordination with NIC Cell. This includes Network Services, Mail Services, Video Conferencing, Website maintenance/updation. IT Cell also coordinates with various sections/divisions of the Ministry for website material, implementation of e-governance application and other aspects involving ICT support.